Easy Access Cash ISA
This account is exclusively available for reinvestment of the proceeds of a maturing National Counties Fixed Rate Cash ISA.
The Second Issue Individual Savings Account is a Cash Individual Savings Account (ISA) which provides valuable protection from income tax for your savings, helping you to make the most of your money.
The Cash ISA key features are:
- Exclusively for National Counties customers with maturing Fixed Rate Cash ISA
- Invest the proceeds of your maturing National Counties Fixed Rate ISA
- Save from £1 up to £250,000
- Save up to the annual statutory limit of £20,000 for the 2020 / 2021 tax year, whilst the issue is available
- Tax-free interest earned from the day we receive your investment (subject to identification requirements being met)
- Variable interest paid annually on 30 September and added to the account
- Add to your savings* by debit card, by transfer from your bank account, by cheque, by transfer from another account with us and by cash
- Transfers from flexible and non-flexible cash ISAs are accepted
- Please note, transfers from Stocks & Shares ISAs are not permitted
- Easy access to our savings without an access charge and can be paid by transfer to your bank account, by cheque, by transfer to another account with us or by cash
- Transfer to another ISA provide allowed
*To send additional savings directly from your bank account the banking details you’ll need can be found on the back of your new account Certificate. To add to your account using your debit card you will need to register for our Online Service.
If you are not already a user of our Online Service for an existing account with us, you can register via our website once you have received your Certificate. After you have registered, we will send you a verification code. For security reasons, this
is sent by post. You need this code for your first login, and you will only be able to add to your account by debit card once you have logged in and entered your verification code.
The information provided below is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Account booklet.
|Second Issue Cash ISA|
What is the interest rate?
Rate effective from 25 June 2020
Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 30 September
Can National Counties Building Society change the interest rate?
|Yes, the interest rate is variable and may be changed. Please refer to Section 14 of the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet for more information on when we may make changes to the interest rate and how this will be communicated|
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
Projected balance (Gross)
- This projection assumes that the account is opened with the stated amount with no additions or withdrawals made. Projected balance is at the end of 12 months
- All projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances
- Actual interest may depend on the date the account is opened and the date that interest is paid
How do I open and manage my account?
Can I withdraw money?
|TAX STATUS: Tax-free (the future tax treatment of Individual Savings Accounts may vary). Interest is paid annually on 30 September and available from the following day.|
This product is not a flexible ISA. Transfer in of flexible ISAs is allowed, however you will lose the flexibility of being able to replace withdrawn funds.
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1 Interest is paid tax-free as it is currently exempt from income tax. The future tax treatment of Individual Savings Accounts may vary.
2 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
All financial information correct on 25 June 2020.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our FAQs page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Savings Account Enquiry Team on 03330 140141.
Can't find the account that's right for you?
We have a number of other savings accounts that are available under our Family Building Society brand.
These include fixed rate and tracker bonds, flexible ISAs, as well as the Windfall Bond and accounts specifically designed for children and those saving for their first home.
Visit the Family Building Society website for details of our full range of savings accounts.