MANAGING YOUR MORTGAGE
Register for the Online Service
By registering for the Online Service you can check your account balance, interest rate and account transactions.
If you experience difficulty in making your regular monthly payments, you should contact us without delay and we will do our best to help you.
The Money Advice Service produces a number of free guides, including 'Problems Paying Your Mortgage' - please visit their website to order or download a free copy: Money Advice Service - Free Guides
The Money Advice Service has compiled the following leaflet to help people plan for the future with their interest-only mortgage. The leaflet includes frequently asked questions and suggested action plans:
Do you need our help?
If you already have a National Counties mortgage, please call our Mortgage Account Service Team on 03330 140146 where our customer representatives will be able to answer any queries you might have. For details of our opening hours, please visit our Contact Us page.
Alternatively if you would like us to contact you at a time of your choice please complete the call back request form on our website which can be found here: Contact us - Call me back
Frequently Asked Questions
Over the life of your mortgage with us, you will probably have some questions, for your convenience we have compiled answers to our most frequently asked questions - visit our Frequently Asked Questions web page or click on the relevant question below:
- Can I make overpayments?
- What is the difference between a "capital payment" and a "general overpayment"?
- Are any charges payable if I make an overpayment?
- How do I make an overpayment?
- Is it possible to take a “payment holiday”?
- Is it possible to take my mortgage to a new property?
- How would I be able to borrow more on my property?
- When can I change my rate to another one and how much will it cost me?
- How can I change from interest-only to repayment or vice-versa?
- How do I inform you of my change in bank details for my direct debit?
- How can I request a copy of my mortgage statement?
THE MORTGAGE WILL BE SECURED ON YOUR HOME
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE