5TH ISSUE BOND SAVER
As an existing Savings Bond customer, our Bond Saver has been designed specifically with you in mind. Providing you with easy access and an attractive rate of interest, this account is ideal to transfer your matured Savings Bond proceeds to, should you
not wish to tie the funds up straight away in a new fixed rate Savings Bond issue.
This account is exclusively available for re-investment of the proceeds of a maturing National Counties Savings Bond.
The key features of the Bond Saver are:
- Exclusively for National Counties customers with Savings Bonds maturing
- Invest the proceeds of your maturing National Counties Savings Bond
- Save from £1,000
- No additions allowed
- Variable interest rate
- Interest paid annually on 31 August and added to the account or into a prenominated account in your name
- Withdrawals are available without an access charge and will be paid by transfer to your bank account or by transfer to another account with us
The information provided is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet.
|5th Issue Bond Saver|
|What is the interest rate?|
Rate effective from 25 June 2020 Gross AER1
Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 31 August
|Can National Counties Building Society change the interest rate?|
Yes, the interest rate is variable and may be changed. Please refer to Section 14 of the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet for more information on when we may make changes to the interest rate and how this will be communicated
|What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
Opening balance Projected balance (Gross)
- This projection assumes that the account is opened with £1,000 with no additions or withdrawals made. Projected balance is at 12 months
- All projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances
- Actual interest may depend on the date the account is opened and the date that interest is paid
|How do I open and manage my account?
- The Bond Saver is exclusively available for re-investment of the proceeds of a maturing National Counties Savings Bond. The account will be opened on the day that your Savings Bond matures, provided that your maturity instruction and Bond Saver application form have been received, where applicable
- A minimum of £1,000 must be deposited
- Maximum investment is the proceeds of your maturing Savings Bond, up to £1,000,000
- No additions are allowed after the account has been opened
- Instructions for the account can be made via the Online Service, by phone, by post or at our Epsom branch
|Can I withdraw money?
Withdrawals are available without notice or access charge and will be paid by transfer to your bank account or by transfer to another savings account with us
TAX STATUS: Interest is paid gross without deduction of income tax. You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA2 through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs. Interest is paid annually on 31 August and available from the following day
This Bond Saver may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
2PSA stands for Personal Savings Allowance.
All financial information correct on 25 June 2020.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our FAQs page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Savings Account Enquiry Team on 03330 140141.
Can't find the account that's right for you?
We have a number of other savings accounts that are available under our Family Building Society brand.
These include fixed rate and tracker bonds, flexible ISAs, as well as the Windfall Bond and accounts specifically designed for children and those saving for their first home.
Visit the Family Building Society website for details of our full range of savings accounts.