Our Direct Access Share account is ideal for savers who wish to have easy access to their savings whilst earning an attractive rate of interest.
This account is available exclusively for current National Counties savings customers as at 1 December 2016.
The Direct Access Share key features are:
- Open your account with as little as £1 and save up to £1,000,000
- Add to your savings by post, direct credit from your bank account or by visiting our Epsom branch office
- Up to 12 withdrawals are available without notice or access charge each calendar year
- Withdrawals available over the telephone, online and at our Epsom branch office
- Withdrawals can be paid directly to your bank account
The information provided below is a summary of the key features of the account and is not intended to be a substitute for reading the Product Features leaflet and General Conditions for our Savings Account booklet.
|2nd Issue Direct Access Share|
What is the interest rate?
|Rate effective from 28 August 2016|| Gross AER1|
- Interest rates are dependent on balance amount
- Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 1 February
Can National Counties Building Society change the interest rate?
|Yes, the interest rate is variable and may be changed. Please refer to Section 14 of the General Conditions for our Savings Accounts booklet for more information on when we may make changes to the interest rate and how this will be communicated|
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months?
|Opening balance ||Projected balance (Gross)|
- These projections assume that the account is opened with the stated amount with no additions or withdrawals made. Projected balance is at the end of 12 months
- All projections are provided for illustrative purposes only and do not take into account individual circumstances
- Actual interest may depend on the date the account is opened and the date that interest is paid
How do I open and manage my account?
- This account is available exclusively for current National Counties savings customers as at 1 December 2016
- The Direct Access Share can be applied for by post, online, or at our Epsom branch
- A minimum of £1 must be deposited
- Additions are allowed but not required on a regular basis
- A maximum of £1,000,000 may be held in the account
- Instructions for the account can be made via the Online Service, telephone, branch and post
Can I withdraw money?
|Up to 12 withdrawals are permitted per calendar year without notice or access charge, and can be paid by bank transfer, cheque or cash. Please see the 'Taking money out' section of the Product Features leaflet for full information|
|TAX STATUS: Interest is paid gross from 6 April 2016 due to the introduction of the Personal Savings Allowance (PSA). You will need to declare any income from savings interest earned over your PSA through a self-assessment tax return to HM Revenue & Customs|
This issue may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
1 AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the annual rate would be if interest was compounded.
All financial information correct on 30 November 2016.
Use of a debit card to deposit savings
Please note that the debit card you use to deposit money via the Online Service should be registered to the address we hold for you.
Debit card transactions are subject to approval by your bank and may be declined if you do not have sufficient funds available in your bank account or the transaction exceeds your bank's anti-fraud limits.
Operating an account on behalf of someone else
This account is available for operation by Third Parties, Attorneys and Deputies. For information on how to set up any of these on your accounts please refer to our FAQs page where all the information you should need can be found.
If you have already set up Power of Attorney, a Deputy or Third Party and wish to open this account, please also refer to our FAQs page where you can find details of the forms we require.
If you have any further account opening queries please contact our New Savings Account Enquiry Team on 03300 243413.
Existing online customer?
Log in here.
Can't find the account that's right for you?
We have a number of other savings accounts that are available under our Family Building Society brand.
These include fixed rate and tracker bonds, flexible ISAs, as well as the Windfall Bond and accounts specifically designed for children and those saving for their first home.
Visit the Family Building Society website for details of our full range of savings accounts.